Skip to content
- Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant (including but not limited to real property, personal property, in-kind gifts or services, illiquid securities, and contributions whose sources are not transparent or whose use is restricted) is at the discretion of the Friends of Edgewood Natural Preserve (the Friends). The Friends will not accept any gift that jeopardizes its non-profit status or is inconsistent with its mission, vision, and values.
- No irrevocable gift, whether outright or life-income in character, will be accepted if under any reasonable set of circumstances the gift would jeopardize the donor’s financial security.
- The Friends will refrain from providing advice about the tax or other treatment of gifts and encourages donors to seek guidance from their own professional advisors to assist them in the process of making their gift.
- The Friends will provide acknowledgments meeting IRS substantiation requirements to donors for property received as a gift. However, except for gifts of cash and publicly traded securities, no value shall be ascribed to any receipt or other form of substantiation of a gift received by the Friends.
- The Friends will respect the intent of the donor relating to anonymous gifts and will restrict information about the donor to only those members with a need to know.
- The Friends will not compensate, whether through commissions, finders’ fees, or other means, any third party for directing a gift or a donor to the Friends.